Anderson Materials Evaluation, Inc.
We are delighted to have clients or potential clients come to our laboratory to discuss their materials problems or interests with us. We will give you a tour of the laboratory and talk about our capabilities and experience for solving materials problems. If you wish to observe some or all of the analysis of your materials, that can also be arranged.
We are also happy to show students (high school, college, and graduate school) our laboratory and to talk to them about careers in science and technology.
A four page, easily printed, summary of our capabilities can be found here.
AME, Inc. is conveniently located between I-95 and US-29
- Take MD-100 W exit #43B towards Ellicott City.
- On MD-100, take exit #2 to MD-104/MD-108.
- Enter the roundabout and take 3rd exit onto MD-108.
- Make the first right onto MD-108/Old Annapolis Rd.
- Continue on MD 108, passing Howard High School and the traffic light at Centre Park Drive, and make the next right onto Red Branch Road.
- We are located on the left at 9051 Red Branch Road, Suite C.
- Take MD-108 E exit (#21A) heading east
- Continue on MD-108 through two traffic light intersections. The second light is at Red Branch Road, but this road loops back to MD-108, so it is best to continue past this light on MD-108 past the Oakland Center on the left, and make the next left onto Red Branch Road because we are nearer to that end of the loop.
- We are located on the inner side of the loop at 9051 Red Branch Road, Suite C.
Joining our Team as a Professional Scientist:
AME is a small, independent materials analysis laboratory. At AME we are dedicated to building the best possible team of intelligent, rational, well-educated, and dedicated materials scientists. Our professional staff enjoys constant intellectual challenges in highly varied applied materials problem-solving projects. We serve a broad array of industries and solve problems for a large number of material types and applications; we are constantly growing our knowledge and learning. We are materials detectives, whose attention to detail and ability to see “The Big Picture,” make us the scientific equivalent of Sherlock Holmes. Our work is fun!
We seek professional scientists/engineers with good problem-solving skills, strong self-initiative and self-management abilities, and good communication skills. We welcome candidates who are able to bring in new clients by expanding our capabilities, doing business development, or through existing relationships. We ask all team members to lead their own projects and work as entrepreneurs within the larger team.
Candidates should have an interest in the characterization of applied materials and have a degree in a relevant scientific field such as materials science and engineering, chemistry, physics, polymolecular science, chemical engineering, or electrical engineering. US Citizenship is preferred since it is a positive factor in keeping our client’s information proprietary.
We offer flexible hours and a respectful, collegial work atmosphere with constant intellectual challenges.
Please send resumes to Dr. Charles R. Anderson. Include “Careers at AME” in your subject line. Please note that our ability to hire new staff scientists is subject to the current state of the U.S. economy and economic freedoms to earn a living.