Building Materials & Construction
Anderson Materials Evaluation (AME) has worked with clients in the building materials and construction industries in a variety of contexts. AME has used materials characterization to solve materials problems for a variety of building materials; examples include paints, shingling, coatings on siding, drywall materials, thermal insulation materials, flooring materials, window frames and seals, roofing materials, mortar and cement, adhesives and sealants, and materials for historical restoration. Additionally, we frequently help clients determine the cause of damage or failure of building materials, including issues such as glass shattering, scratch resistance, and other damage, flooring stains, and delamination/peeling of coatings and paint. We measure the static coefficient of friction for flooring and walking surface materials. Our in-house corrosion expert, Dr. Lorrie Krebs often examines copper and iron pipe corrosion issues, and uses electrochemical techniques to estimate remaining lifetimes for pipes. She has also solved metal window and door frame corrosion issues.
AME has worked with building owners, restoration companies, project developers, building supplies companies, and companies developing new building materials.
Our analytical and expert witness services have also helped building material manufacturers and building owners. Dr. Charles Anderson served as a technical expert witness for a building products manufacturer in an intellectual property theft case that awarded a Connecticut record in damages and costs. He has served as an expert witness in cases involving swimming pool ladder corrosion, window damage from concrete cleaning products, grout coloration, swimming pool deck slippage, paint peeling, laminate delamination due to adhesive degradation, and cabinet stain and protective coatings.
Our building and construction customers include:
- Acorn Engineering
- Alliance Environmental
- Architecture by Design, Inc.
- Associates Plumbing Inc.
- B. F. Saul Property Co.
- Bell BCI LLC
- Boatman & Magnani, Inc.
- Boise Cascade
- Bosch Security Systems
- Bowles Fluidics Corporation
- Building Dynamics, LLC
- Building Engineering-Consultants, Inc.
- Building Exterior Solutions, LLC
- Chandler & Associates
- Criterium-Yingst Engineers
- CuraFlo Mid Atlantic
- Dauphin North America
- Emerson Climate Technologies
- Engineering & Technical Consultants, Inc.
- Environmental Consultants + Contractors, Inc.
- Forensic Analysis & Engineering Corp.
- G.C. Zarnas & Co.
- Glacier Garlock Bearings N.A.
- Government Services Administration (GSA)
- Grace Construction Products
- Harbor East Development Group
- Harder Mechanical Contractors
- Herrington Harbour South
- ICF Concrete Additives, LLC
- Industrial Product Formulators, Inc.
- Keswick Hall
- Kiewit Building Group, Inc.
- Knott Reality Group
- LAM International Corporation
- Lantz Construction Co. of Winchester
- Levolor Div. of Newell Rubbermaid
- Lithonia Lighting of Hydrel
- Martin Marietta Materials
- Mueller Copper Tube
- Navigant Consulting (former Peterson Companies)
- New Dimensions Solutions, LLC
- NICC JV LLC
- Overhead Door
- Omni Excavators, Inc.
- Performance Industrial Coatings
- Peter Kohler Windows and Entrance Systems
- Peterson Management
- Pilkington North America
- PRI Asphalt Technologies
- REIT Management & Research
- Saco Industries, Inc.
- S. C. Herman & Associates, Inc.
- Site Realty Group
- Sonata LLC
- Southern Cross Building Products
- Spears/Votta and Associates
- Standard Signs, Inc.
- Structural Preservation Systems
- Structural Rehabilitation Group
- Tadjer-Cohen-Edelson Associates, Inc.
- Thomas L. Brown & Associates, PC
- Thomas Properties Group
- TIVOLITOO, INC.
- URS Corporation
- Whitlock, Dalrymple, and Poston Associates
- Whitney Bailey Cox Magnani
- Western Summit / Pizzagalli
- Weston Solutions
- W.M. Schlosser Co.
- W.W. Henry Company